TT Driving School Terms & Conditions.
1. You must be of a legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. For Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 21 metres. If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement, then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your licence has been revoked for medical reasons such as epilepsy or if you receive any points on your licence.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 24 hours notice will result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message and must be acknowledged by the instructor. If you are feeling unwell you MUST phone and cancel.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show, your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged. Any time lost due to these unforeseen circumstances will be made up either at the end of the lesson or in a subsequent lesson.
6. Your Lesson must be paid for at least 12 hours in advance either when you book via the online diary by credit or debit card or by bank transfer. Your instructor will advise you of bank details if you choose to pay by bank transfer. Bank transfers must be completed and confirmed at least 12 hours before the start of the lesson.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board. Any psychological or neurological conditions must be discussed beforehand with your instructor. Conditions such as autism, Asperger's, depression or bipolar are not barriers to learning to drive but may require adaptations to teaching techniques.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the Instructor has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users. Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can in certain circumstances be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
Please take a few moments to read through the following important information;
* Please let me know of any symptoms before a lesson.
The lesson MUST be cancelled if you or someone you know has symptoms....Cancellations due to Covid-19 symptoms will NOT be charged.
* Remember, this would mean you couldn’t have a lesson for 2 weeks.
* Masks are mandatory and you do need to wear one on your Driving Lesson or Test.
* Please wash your hands prior to lessons and use hand sanitiser.
* My car will be fully sanitised between lessons, including all touch points (steering wheel, etc)
* I will use hand sanitiser when you get in the car (you can use this if you have forgotten).
* Whenever possible, we will ventilate the car (windows open, etc).
* Please take these measures seriously to protect both of us and our families.