TT Driving School Terms & Conditions.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
1. You must be of a legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. For Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 21 metres. If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement, then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your licence has been revoked for medical reasons such as epilepsy or if you receive any points on your licence.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 12 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 12 hours notice will result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message and must be acknowledged by the instructor. (Not applicable on Intensive courses)
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show, your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged. Any time lost due to these unforeseen circumstances will be made up either at the end of the lesson or in a subsequent lesson.
6. Your Lesson must be paid for at least 12 hours in advance by bank transfer or Cash at the start of your lesson. Your instructor will advise you of bank details the day before your lesson, Bank transfers must be completed and confirmed at least 12 hours before the start of the lesson. (Not applicable on Intensive courses)
Intensive course Payments are 50% before course starts and 50% half way through - after the 6,12 or 24 hour point.
Intensive course payments are NON Refundable if cancelled by the pupil for any reason.
Any unused hours not taken due to test cancellation by the DVSA will be credited for use at a later date.
Payment is by Bank Transfer Only
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
Any psychological or neurological conditions must be declared beforehand to your instructor. Conditions such as autism, Asperger's, depression or bipolar are not barriers to learning to drive but may require adaptations to teaching techniques.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and could be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the Instructor has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users. Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can in certain circumstances be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
10. Regular lessons may be cancelled or moved to facilitate another pupils “Test appointment “
Please take a few moments to read through the following important information;
* Masks are mandatory and you must wear one on your
* Please wash your hands prior to lessons and use hand sanitiser.
* My car will be fully sanitised between lessons, including
all touch points (steering wheel, etc)
* Whenever possible, we will ventilate the car (windows open, etc).